Trenton Township was incorporated as one of New Jersey's initial group of 104 townships by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on February 21, 1798.
On February 22, 1834, portions of Trenton Township were taken to form Ewing Township.
Quakers were being persecuted in England at this time and North America provided an opportunity to exercise their religious freedom.
By 1719, the town adopted the name "Trent-towne", after William Trent, one of its leading landholders who purchased much of the surrounding land from Stacy's family. During the American Revolutionary War, the city was the site of the Battle of Trenton, George Washington's first military victory.
Upon entering the program, each participant is evaluated for employability and guided through the process of identifying vocational interests, strengths and potential barriers to employment.
Trenton dates back at least to June 3, 1719, when mention was made of a constable being appointed for Trenton, while the area was still part of Hunterdon County.
Boundaries were recorded for Trenton Township as of March 2, 1720, Trenton became New Jersey's capital as of November 25, 1790, and the City of Trenton was formed within Trenton Township on November 13, 1792.
Adult high schools are public schools offering supervised instruction in the day or evening to allow adults to complete the requirements for a locally issued state-endorsed diploma.
Students are held accountable for the statewide assessment in effect at the time they meet all other graduation requirements.